Here’s why the Pre Shave Oil should be a part of your shave routine
A shaving oil application before a shaving cream or foam provides an excellent additional layer of lubrication for your skin that allows a smooth shave experience.
Get razor burns or razor bumps? The shaving oil aids in achieving a much more comfortable shave and leaves the skin free of irritation.
The pre shave oil is suitable for the face, head and body as it is made up of a combination of all natural ingredients that include Linseed Oil, Pomegranate Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Neem Extract, Merigold Extract, Orange Extract, Sandalwood Oil, Turmeric Oil, Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Sunflower Oil and Sesame Oil.
More on the benefits of each of these ingredients later but first here’s a proper shaving routine that every man must follow.
- First step is to prepare the hard and unruly hair for the wrath of a razor. A hot shower or applying a hot wet towel aids in opening up the pores and makes the hair follicles swell. This is crucial for razor blade to glide through them with ease.
- Once the shaving area is prepared after a hot shower or a hot wet towel, apply a bit of pre shave oil. It is recommended to use about a dime size or roughly 2-4 drops into the palm of your hand. Rub hands together and spread it on to the skin.
- Post the pre shave oil application, a high quality shaving cream and brush is recommended. Using brushes to spread the shaving cream over using hands to apply the cream has benefits as the brush offers excellent pre exfoliating properties and helps your hair follicles stand up straight which makes it easier for the razor to pass through them for a slick, clean cut.
- Once the shaving oil and shaving cream has been applied, use a razor to make passes on the face to remove all the hair.
- Finally use the Dapr. after shave balm made with witch hazel to cool off and you are done.
The Pre Shave oil is all natural and has excellent healing properties for the skin and smells amazing. Here are a few of the core ingredients used in the Dapr. Pre Shave Oil and their underlying benefits.
Linseed Oil: The high omega-3 content of the oil is anti inflammatory, which can quell acne breakouts, and irritated, dry skin. And the oil also seals in moisture, keeping skin hydrated and healthy, which can firm up skin, minimizing wrinkles, dark spots and puffiness.
Pomegranate Oil: The oil extracted from this divine fruit is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that give the oil natural protection qualities, shielding skin from UV and free-radical damage. It supports cell regeneration and has anti microbial properties as well.
Neem Extract: Neem is a power ingredient when it comes to skin care. The pre shave oil is enriched with neem extract in just the perfect amount to help in a smooth shave experience. It is an essential ingredient in Ayurveda as it contains nimbin, nimbinen, nimbolide, nimandial, nin binene and a bunch of other beneficial compounds that have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties all of which are extremely beneficial for the skin.
Merigold Extract: The extract from the yellow coloured flower has proven to have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and analgesic effects on the body. The astringent nature allows it to act as a healer of wounds and burns during/after a shave.
Sandalwood Oil: This has a typical aroma and fragrance to it that is soothing to the skin and nose and helps in wounds from becoming infectious at the same time.
Turmeric Oil: Turmeric oil extracted from the turmeric plant and is an excellent oil to help dry acne, fade blemishes and marks, relieve inflammation and is a great skin rejuvenator. The pre shave oil uses these qualities to provide a smooth razor experience.
Sesame Oil: Extracted from sesame seeds, its core function to soften the skin and hair and acts as a perfect emollient. It has been added to the pre shave oil in just the perfect amount to soften those rough facial hair follicles and provide a bump free shave experience.